Dymista Nasal Spray is indicated for the relief of symptoms of seasonal allergic rhinitis in patients 12 years of age and older who require
treatment with both azelastine hydrochloride and fluticasone propionate for symptomatic relief.
Important Risk Information
- Dymista Nasal Spray can cause drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do anything that you need to be alert for until you know how
Dymista Nasal Spray affects you
- Do not drink alcohol or take any other medicines that can cause you to feel sleepy while using Dymista Nasal Spray. This can increase your
chances of having serious side effects
- Tell your healthcare provider if you have any side effects that bother you or any side effects that do not go away
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant; it is not known if Dymista Nasal Spray will harm your unborn baby
- The most common side effects with Dymista are changes in taste, nosebleeds, and headache
- Dymista Nasal Spray may also cause the following side effects:
- Nasal problems. Symptoms of nasal problems include crusting in the nose, nosebleeds, runny nose, or a hole in the cartilage between
your nostrils (nasal septal perforation). A whistling sound when you breathe may be a symptom of nasal septal perforation
- Slow wound healing. If you have a sore in your nose, if you have had surgery on your nose, or if your nose has been injured, you
should not use Dymista Nasal Spray until your nose has healed
- Thrush (Candida), a fungal infection in your nose, mouth, or throat.
Tell your doctor if you have any redness or white-colored patches in your nose, mouth, or throat
- Eye problems. Some people may experience eye problems, including glaucoma or cataracts. You should have regular eye exams when
using Dymista Nasal Spray
- Immune system problems. Dymista Nasal Spray may cause problems with the way your immune system protects your body against
infection. Use caution when taking Dymista if you have an existing infection (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, or parasitic). When using Dymista
Nasal Spray, avoid contact with people who have contagious diseases such as chicken pox or measles. Symptoms of infection may include fever, aches
and pains, chills, or feeling tired
- Adrenal insufficiency. Adrenal insufficiency is a condition in which the adrenal glands do not make enough steroid hormones.
Symptoms of adrenal insufficiency may include tiredness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, or low blood pressure
- Slowed or delayed growth in children. A child's growth should be checked regularly when using Dymista Nasal Spray
- These are not all of the possible side effects of Dymista Nasal Spray. For more information, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist
- Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.You may report side effects to the FDA at
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.